Valentine’s Day Anti-Aging and Sex Secrets!
The following material contains mature subject matter and may not be suitable for young audiences.
Love is in the air. Discover new tricks to look and perform your best this Valentine’s Day! In a Facebook poll, The Doctors asked women what they would prefer to receive this Valentine’s Day. Men: Pay attention to the results!
Flowers: 45 percent
Chocolate: 28 percent
Jewelry: 23 percent
Intimate Apparel: 4 percent
Despite being just the second-most popular gift among The Doctors Facebook fans, more than 58 million pounds of chocolate candy are purchased during Valentine’s week.
“If you give chocolates as a gift, you obviously have to practice self-control,” Dr. Travis says. “One piece of chocolate [in Valentine’s Day gift boxes] can be about 80 calories.”
Dr. Travis explains how consuming Valentine’s Day chocolates can add up on the scale, and OB/GYN Dr. Lisa Masterson reveals which type of chocolate can actually be good for you.
• See how Loveopoly, a personalized board game, can be a great gift for your Valentine.
Did you know that kissing can actually help you burn calories? Couple John and Alexia put it to the test in The Doctors’ Calorie Burning Kissing Lab.
The couple is hooked up to a heart monitor and calorie counter to see just how many calories they will burn by kissing for one hour!
The Doctors’ kissing correspondent, certified sexologist and founder of Loveology University, Dr. Ava Cadell, explains that kissing passionately can burn 2 to 5 calories per minute.
After an hour of extremely passionate kissing, the John and Alexia burned a combined 575 calories!
• Is it OK to kiss while sick?
• Kissing and cavities
• The importance of kissing
• Kissing's effects on the brain
• The science of kissing
Dr. Ruth’s Sex Tips
America’s favorite “sexpert,” Dr. Ruth Westheimer, joins The Doctors to reveal surprising ways to send your sex drive into overdrive.
• Follow Dr. Ruth on Twitter!
• Embarrassing sex questions with Dr. Ruth.
• More sex tips from Dr. Ruth.
• The naked truth about your health.
• Betty Wong, editor-in-chief of Fitness Magazine, shares secrets for boosting your libido and fitness this Valentine’s Day.
Suzanne Somers Joins The Doctors
Author, actress and fitness and beauty icon Suzanne Somers joins The Doctors to open up about her battle with breast cancer and explain the breakthrough stem cell treatment that helped her re-grow her breast.
• Learn the benefits of Suzanne's Sexy Forever Smoothie. Get the recipe!